Wednesday 14 May 2014

I can't have caffeine!!!

Has any other mum out there had this experience??

Before I got pregnant I wouldn't drink caffeine in the evening as I would struggle to sleep at night but I could have it during the day without it effecting me

Once I found out I was pregnant I stopped drinking caffeine

We have a Dolce Gusto coffee machine and I love having a latte.  I also love a caramel macchiato from Starbucks - heaven!!  When I drink tea I have decaf anyway and I don't drink fizzy drinks so the only caffeine I have is coffee.

Even if I have a coffee in the morning I can't sleep that night!!

It took me a few nights to realise why I wasn't sleeping.  Mr M thought I was worrying about something and that was keeping me awake - I have been known to worry a lot!

It took a few days of no coffee for me to realise that it was the caffeine.  I still don't understand how having one in the morning can still effect me at night but it does!! 

I now have decaf pods for the coffee machine and ask or a decaf coffee when we go out so it's not a huge deal I just don't know why I'm so effected.

Am I now super sensitive to caffeine??

Has anyone else gone through this experience?  Did it change?

No comments:

Post a Comment