Friday 25 April 2014

I've done it!! I've signed up to my first half marathon

Yes I think I might be crazy!!!

But I have signed up to do my first ever half marathon!!

I have done my fair share of 5K & 10K runs but I've never done a half marathon.  I really enjoy running and have been on a few runs since Baby M was born.  I sometimes need focus though.

Running is great.  It's free for a start! You can pick your route and just stick your ipod on and go.  It's a great way to keep fit.  I'm not happy with my post baby body so I'm hoping a mix of running and my Nike Training App I will get my body back.  I love the Nike app as you can pick the workout you want to do and they have focused workouts on problem areas - mine being my bum & my belly.

So I have signed up to do the Blackpool Half Marathon on 2th April 2015 with Fylde Coast Running.  Fylde Coast Running cover all races in my area so its my go to website.  Plus it's how you register for runs.





Since the half marathon is a year away it gives me plenty of time to get my running mojo back then start my training.  I am also going to blog about my running week every Friday.  I am hoping that this will also give me focus and motivation to keep running.

I have decided I am going to run to raise money for a very worthy charity.  The charity is Diabetes UK.  As I have mentioned before my husband has Type 1 Diabetes so this is a charity very close to my heart.  It's another motivation to keep running as I won't want to let them down.


As it's the 26th April tomorrow my running journey starts tomorrow - a year to the day until the half marathon.  I hope you will cheer me along and come back every Friday to find out how I am getting on




   

No comments:

Post a Comment