Thursday 16 January 2014

Nursery - decorating coming along

When we moved into the house we painted the room now the nursery yellow.  We thought that as we wanted to children and the room needed decorating that yellow would be a gender neutral colour that we could do anything with.

I love Winnie the Pooh, I have since I was little.  I entered a competition to win a Graham & Brown Room in a Box and won - great!! Not only was it worth £90 but it was Winnie the Pooh!

The box contained a great selection of items.  Wallpaper, wall stickers, giant wall stickers, paint, border, door sign, a little lamp and some pictures.

We decided to use the wallpaper to create a feature wall.  Neither of us had done any wallpapering before, we didn't even know where to start!  Luckily my dad came to the rescue and the Sunday before I went into labour he put up the wallpaper with the assistance of Mr M.  Once they had put up the wallpaper we decided that the border would look great too and they added that.  We love the pictures, I especially love the magnetic canvas but we have yet to put that up as I'm not sure where I want it.  We have another few pictures I want to buy so once we have everything we can decide what will look good where.  We also need the cotbed, this is still at my parents house as we bought it from a shop near them. 




We decided to put one of the stickers on the door along with the door sign to brighten up the door.  Again we want to put stickers on the wall but we aren't sure where we want to put them yet.

Hopefully Baby M will love his room!!!

Disclaimer: I won the Room in a Box from a competition, the person running the competition was not aware that I had a blog and I did not offer to do a review in exchange for winning this prize.  My views are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment