Tuesday 7 January 2014

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

2013 was a roller coaster of a year.  We finally got pregnant, which we were over the moon about!! We went to Berlin (which is amazing I would highly recommend).  I went to my first proper airshow with Mr M at RIAT, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.  Mr M's grandad found out he had cancer and within 4 months had sadly lost his battle - he was so happy to find out he was going to be an great grandad and we were both so sad that baby M will never meet him, he will know all about him though.  He was the only person we told the name of baby M to, we kept it a secret from everyone else. We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary.  We welcomed our little baby boy and had our first family Christmas.

So what for 2014??

Baby M & I are going to go to some local groups and find out what fun things there are to do in the local area.

Mr M celebrates his birthday in February, we are going to have a family day (probably in Manchester) then the following week we are going to go to my folks caravan in Northumberland for a long weekend - it will be our first family trip away, the first of many! In June Mr M & I will be going to Italy for the weekend as he won a competition, I am nervous about leaving baby M but my mum is coming to look after him.  In July it will be my birthday - another trip to my folks caravan probably.  I will be back to work in August, but only for 2 weeks as we are going to Ireland to a cottage with my folks (& hopefully my brother) for a week which will be lovely.

Amongst these plans will be lots of visits from family & friends.  My brother is coming to visit in a few weeks which will be great, he lives in Edinburgh & I don't get to see him as often as I would like.  Friends have already been asking when they can come visit, we will have lots of people coming over the next few months to see baby M, he's a very popular boy!! Mr M's family will also be coming to visit, Mr M again doesn't get to see them as often as he would like to.

We are looking forward to our first full year as a family and doing lots of exciting things with baby M.

No comments:

Post a Comment