Monday 18 November 2013

36 weeks

Today I am 36 weeks pregnant, only 4 more weeks to go (hopefully!!)

Compared to last week my bump appears to have grown outward and there appears more bump at the bottom than there was.

Apparently bump is gaining 28g a day and is now 2.7kg in weight and 47 cm long.  Apparently this is the same length as a romaine lettuce.  The good news is that at the end of this week bump will be considered to be full term so if he comes after Sunday he won't be considered as premature.  Whilst part of me is hoping he comes early I don't think he will appear in the next week.

Last night I definitely experienced Braxton Hicks, wow it was weird!! I have had niggles and period like cramps a few times but not been sure if they were Braxton Hicks or not.  Last night I had a bath as my hip and back were really sore after lots of walking around the day before.  My mum had come to visit for the weekend and we had gone into town for a bit of retail therapy then taken the dog for a walk on the beach.  It was lovely but I paid for it yesterday.  When I got out of the bath my stomach felt odd, it felt like someone was shrinking my stomach or had wrapped it in clingfilm and was pulling it tight, a very odd sensation.  Then later as I was getting into bed it happened again.  Each time this sensation only lasted for a matter of seconds, maybe 10-20 seconds each time, and happened about 4 hours apart.  Thankfully they weren't painful either.

The feeling of Braxton Hicks made me excited that my body is practicing for labour but also a little anxious.  My mum and dad live about 2 hours away just over the border in Scotland, my mum has the week I am due bump off work (just by coincidence) but this sensation made me think about what will happen if I go into labour before or after she comes down.  Mr M is my primary birthing partner obviously but he doesn't drive and this constantly plays on my mind with regards to getting to and from hospital.

With only 4 weeks to go the end is in sight, I just hope our little man doesn't leave us waiting too long

No comments:

Post a Comment