Monday 4 November 2013

34 weeks

I'm 34 weeks today, only 6 weeks left to go, hopefully!!!

I don't know about other mums but the first half of my pregnancy felt like it was dragging however the past month or so feels like it has gone much faster.

Apparently bump weighs the same as "an average cantaloupe" at 34 weeks, one thing that has kept me amused throughout the pregnancy is the fruit and vegetable references, although how many people know the size of Kale?!?!  I am lucky that my bump is still quite neat and all at the front, apparently this is common with boys - if my sweet cravings don't stop soon though I may be the size of a house by the end of the pregnancy!



I have been experiencing an increase in indigestion and am really struggling to get comfortable at night, no matter which way I try to lie I don't appear to get comfortable for longer than an hour or so, I feel sorry for Mr M who has to get up for work after my night of huffing and puffing.  

Bump could already be head down according to alot of the literature I've been reading, I do feel like I am getting kicks regularly in the ribs but also feel kicks at the side of my stomach too.  I wish I could have a little camera to see what he is up to.  I often think that his bottom is sticking up in the air too, leaving my stomach looking like something from the scene in Alien with him ready to burst out at any moment, I'm hoping this means he isn't back to back at least.

We have our next appointment with the midwife later this week, I'm hoping that she will be able to give us a better idea of how bump is lying and we also have our birth plan to go through with her 

No comments:

Post a Comment